Pinky Promise




I pinky promise 
I will stay.

Once upon a while ago
I made a choice that I had to go
I couldn't stand the pain any more
I was embarrassed to be seen
I was afraid of what you might think
If you knew what had happened to me.

I carried the shame of someone else's evil
I carried the guilt of another's bad deed
He walked around with his head in the clouds
While I shuffled with my eyes to the ground.

I couldn't stand to feel the way I was feeling
pain pulled at my heart
pain tugged at my soul
pain suffocated my will
pain destroyed my hope.

So thoughts to end it all
creeped in
No one would miss me
It would be better for them if I wasn't here.
Oh the things you think 
When you're deep in fear.

So I gave up
I swallowed them all
I drifted away
I heard a small girls voice call
"Stay, you are stronger than you know."
Curiosity seems to have gotten the better of me.
I wanted to know just what she did see.

And what do you know...
Though life isn't easy
I am stronger
than the pain
that tried to consume me!




Suicidesso far in 2016 34720. Average yearly stats for suicides is 30,000
suicide claims more deaths than accidents, homicides, and war combined. And many cases of suicide, particularly in the elderly, go completely undetected and unaccounted.

Suicide is the SECOND leading cause of death for ages 10-24.
Suicide is the SECOND leading cause of death for college-age youth and ages 12-18.
More teenagers and young adults die from suicide than from cancer, heart disease, AIDS, birth defects, stroke, pneumonia, influenza, and chronic lung disease, COMBINED.
Each day in our nation, there are an average of over 5,240 attempts by young people grades 7-12.

Four out of Five teens who attempt suicide have given clear warning signs





No comments: